- RT @NatureNews: Arguments about the environmental benefits of petrol or diesel engines are outdated: go.nature.com/2uBDogg https://t.co/b… 4 days ago
- Good illustration of what is the source of warming ⤴ bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-… 1 month ago
- MS lecture: Effects of accessibility on visitor composition and impacts in protected areas - University of Iceland hi.is/vidburdir/meis… 1 month ago
- Fun providing some information (first version little image mislabelled). Iceland at Night : Image of the Day earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… #NASA 2 months ago
- RT @TahaYasseri: A great demonstration of why we need to plot the data and never trust statistics tables! autodeskresearch.com/publications/s… https://t… 2 months ago
Category Archives: Geophysics
New article: “Emergency Hospital Visits in Association with Volcanic Ash, Dust Storms and Other Sources of Ambient Particles: A Time-Series Study in Reykjavík, Iceland.”
New article in Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 12(4): 4047 – 4059. (Paper on publisher web site) Emergency Hospital Visits in Association with Volcanic Ash, Dust Storms and Other Sources of Ambient Particles: A Time-Series Study in Reykjavík, Iceland.
Holuhraun eruption still going, since 31 August 2014. The lava is now 1.3 km3, and covers over 80 km2. There is a lot of SO2 gas coming with the eruption, leading to pollution events where the concentration is well above … Continue reading
The eruption in Holuhraun (Holu-lava field) has now been active for just over a week; since 31 Agust (if I remember correctly). There is a fair bit of lava that has been extruded, as can be seen on this Landsat … Continue reading
This crop of Iceland is from the global map made by NASA EOS and NOAA using the Suomi NPP satellite. Show very nicely the sparse populated areas in Iceland. Europe lights up, and the east coast of the USA, and … Continue reading
New article about the distribution of H2S from geothermal power plants near Reykjavik, and the conditions that lead to concentration above 50 µg/m3. Throstur Thorsteinsson, Julia Hackenbruch, Einar Sveinbjörnsson, Thorsteinn Jóhannsson. 2013. Statistical assessment and modeling of the effects of … Continue reading
High levels of particulate matter in Iceland due to direct ash emissions by the Eyjafjallajökull eruption and resuspension of deposited ash Throstur ThorsteinssonEnvironment and Natural Resources and Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavík, IcelandThorsteinn JóhannssonThe Environment Agency of … Continue reading
Image from 12:50 (NASA/Rapidfire).