- RT @NatureNews: Arguments about the environmental benefits of petrol or diesel engines are outdated: go.nature.com/2uBDogg https://t.co/b… 4 days ago
- Good illustration of what is the source of warming ⤴ bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-… 1 month ago
- MS lecture: Effects of accessibility on visitor composition and impacts in protected areas - University of Iceland hi.is/vidburdir/meis… 1 month ago
- Fun providing some information (first version little image mislabelled). Iceland at Night : Image of the Day earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… #NASA 2 months ago
- RT @TahaYasseri: A great demonstration of why we need to plot the data and never trust statistics tables! autodeskresearch.com/publications/s… https://t… 2 months ago
Category Archives: Environment
New article: “Emergency Hospital Visits in Association with Volcanic Ash, Dust Storms and Other Sources of Ambient Particles: A Time-Series Study in Reykjavík, Iceland.”
New article in Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 12(4): 4047 – 4059. (Paper on publisher web site) Emergency Hospital Visits in Association with Volcanic Ash, Dust Storms and Other Sources of Ambient Particles: A Time-Series Study in Reykjavík, Iceland.
An interesting study by University of East Anglia (and University of Iceland, Tomas G Gunnarsson) found that individual (adult) birds are not migrating earlier, rather, since they nest earlier, the young birds migrate earlier. So warming climate is allowing the … Continue reading
Last Tuesday, 1 October, Yannick defended his master’s thesis in Environment and Natural Resources, from Faculty of Earth Sciences, entitled: Impact of climate change on thermal power plants: case study of thermal power plants in France In his thesis Yannick … Continue reading
Ash detection and monitoring.NORDVULK SUMMER SCHOOL 2013: Remote sensing techniques in a dynamic geological setting, Nordic Volcanological Center, Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland. Venue: Kríunes, Kópavogur, Iceland, 17-24 August 2013.
Haze south of the Himalaya South of the Himalaya there is a “river” of haze, mix of agricultural fires, industrial and urban pollution, made worse by temperature inversion. India and Bangladesh region south of the Himalaya’s on 11 January 2013. … Continue reading